I believe that the journey is just as important as the destination, as is reflected in one of my favorite quotes by author J.R.R. Tolkein. Sit back and enjoy as I wander through life, keeping in mind that Not All Who Wander Are Lost!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

We are living in a technological world...

It's something of a statement of the way our lives revolve around computers today that I come back to face over 100 emails, around 100 RSS Feed items, thousands of Skype posts, personal messages from various web programs.... after being gone for less than a week.

It took me a fraction of the time to unpack my real suitcase than the hours I'm spending settling back in at my computer. 

Now, don't get me wrong... I'm not complaining here. As my very first blog, I don't want to just kvetch about the technological world. After all, I love technology not only as much as the next guy, but probably much much more. Who else feels their heart racing when they notice that the passenger on the bus next to them has an iPhone? Who feels insanely excited when they see an Apple store, even if they've been to those stores a hundred times? Who else physically misses their computer on vacation? I do!

Now, I know my new Blog's theme is Cinematic Living - and I'll get to that in my next post, hopefully, but I had to take a moment and marvel at the way that computers and general technology have literally taken over our lives - or at least, has definitely taken over mine. 

So here's where the cinematic part comes in... You know all those movies where machines take over the world? I'm thinking I Robot, The Matrix movies (squee!) or even Wall-E, here... Well, maybe that's not so much in the realm of "impossible" as much as it's part of that whole "yikes - that'd be horrible - but it might actually happen." 

Many of us are chained - blissfully, nerd-ily to our computers, our cell phones, our iPods, our blackberries, I suppose, and now our iPhones... but what if those chains become real some day, not just metaphorical?

I know, I know... that's my wonderfully happy thought of the day. 

See you later for thoughts on Batman!

1 comment:

Max said...

hahaha i found this site while i was putting off college essays with facebook... anyways i just have to congratulate you for "squee"-ing in your blog post. Way to represent sue and TLC hahaha!
See you at school in a couple of days! awesome blog :)