I believe that the journey is just as important as the destination, as is reflected in one of my favorite quotes by author J.R.R. Tolkein. Sit back and enjoy as I wander through life, keeping in mind that Not All Who Wander Are Lost!

Friday, December 19, 2008

Writing with a Fuzzy Head

Woot! I'm on break. And I'm sick. Of course. Yeah, I've accepted it's part and parcel of being a student. I held out most of the semester, but now my immune system seems to be angry. Great.

Anyway, I've been thinking now that my head isn't full of Statistics problems and Physics formulas... and I've been poking around the internet.

So, let me just throw this out there. The internet's cool. Really cool. Totally awesome. Everyone's blogging and vlogging, soul searching, and being seen by 1000s of people. They're raising awareness for charities (Woot to Project for Awesome) and soul searching right in front of the camera (or via the keyboard). It's neat. And I want to be a part of it.

I might be late to the bandwagon... Most Leaky people already have blogs and vlogs. And, hell, John and Hank Green have been doing it every day for a year. But better late than never, right?

So, that's my main New Year's Resolution. It might be a little early for this (it's only December 19th) but there you have it. Sure, I also want to exercise more, relax more, be happier... but this is something more concrete.

I'd like to blog OR vlog 4 days a week. Of course, that will require learning how to vlog, but I can do that. There you have it, it's written down.

And, of course, I have a few weeks to get ready. To do a practice vlog (once I get all this fuzziness out of my head)... and all that.

Well, there you have it. Cheers

No comments: